Hi everyone! I ended up going to this amazing restaurant called The Grille in Toronto and I got to try this wonderful chicken mushroom dish for dinner. It was fantastic! Being as I loved it so much, I tried to recreate it myself at home and this was as close to it as possible. Enjoy!
Chicken Mushroom Melts
4 chicken breasts
1 cup chopped yellow onions
1 cup sliced white or cremini mushrooms
½ cup sour cream
1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar
2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In one pan, heat chicken breasts with keto friendly oil or butter. Ensure chicken breasts are cooked thoroughly before transferring to a plate to cool.
- In a pan, saute the yellow onions in a tbsp of butter. Once the onions have begun to soften, add in the mushrooms. Continue to sauté both until the mushrooms have browned.
- Take the cooled chicken breasts and place them in a casserole dish. Top cooled chicken breasts with sour cream first to keep the chicken moist and then add the mushroom/onion mixture and top with cheddar cheese.
- Place chicken breasts into the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.
- Remove from oven and add to your side dish of choice.