· 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
· 1 egg
· 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs OR substitute 1/2 cup almond flour for a low-carb alternative
· 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon pepper
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 cup marinara sauce (look for no sugar added options)
· 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
· 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
· 1 bag Riced Cauliflower
· 1 bag Roasted Broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl until well blended. In a separate shallow bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Start by dipping each chicken breast in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Shake to remove excess egg, then dip into the breadcrumb mixture. Press into the crumbs on both sides to coat as thickly as possible. Place chicken on the baking sheet. Repeat with all four chicken breasts.
4. Spray the chicken breasts lightly with olive oil spray or baking spray.
5. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and add the frozen broccoli to both sides of the pan. Be sure to break apart the pieces and lay them as flatly as possible on the baking sheet. It’s okay if some overlap.
7. Continue baking the chicken and broccoli for another 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and spread the marinara over the chicken breasts, then top with the shredded cheese. Return to the oven for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted. Switch the oven to broil (optional) to allow for the cheese to bubble a bit more and the veggies to crisp slightly (about 2 minutes). Watch closely, because you don’t want to burn the veggies or the cheese.
9. While the chicken is in the final 5-6 minutes of cooking, prepare your Riced Cauliflower according to package Instructions; 5-6 minutes in the microwave. Remove from the bag and plate the cauliflower evenly onto 4 plates.
10. Remove chicken and broccoli from the oven, top with chopped basil, and serve!