These cheesy chicken fritters taste as good as they look! Not only are the super easy to make, but they can go from a hot meal one night and then grace a cold salad the next day! These crunchy little bits can be served with any sauce you like. Try a spicy Sriracha Aioli or a creamy Ranch. Don’t forget to make extra to freeze and reheat before the big game!
Ingredients for Chicken Fritters:
• 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (3 large)
• 2 large eggs
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or almond flour (for gluten-free)
• 4 oz mozzarella cheese (1 1/3 cups shredded)
• 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 Tbsp Extra light olive oil for frying. Bacon grease works great and adds extra flavor!
1. Using a sharp knife, dice chicken into 1/3″ thick pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl. Tip: If chicken breast is partially frozen, it will be a little bit easier to slice.
2. Into the mixing bowl, add remaining batter ingredients: 2 eggs, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup flour, 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella, basil and salt and pepper. Stir the mixture until well combined, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. Form patties about two inches wide and fry in the hot oil. Flatten slightly with a spatula and continue to cook until crispy brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining fritters adding more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce of your choice!