For the octopus
- 1 lb baby octopus, cleaned
- Lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice from 1/2 – 1 lemon
- 1 tsp red chili paste
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sweetener (optional)
- Boil some water and add in the baby octopus for a minute. Remove and strain the octopus under cold water to stop the cooking. Place the baby octopus in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the baby octopus and marinate for at least two hours.
- Grill for about 5 mins on each side until nice grill marks appear.
- Remove from heat and place on a platter.
- For the dipping sauce, whisk all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over the top or use it for dipping.
- Serve while hot.