- 1 cup almond flour (Buy on Amazon)
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallots
- 1/4 cup finely shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, stir together dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into mini muffin tin, mounding up above the edge of each cup.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Let cool for about 1 hour before serving. Otherwise, the papers will stick.
Makes 12 mini biscuits. Note: These have a tendency to get soggy over time. For next day goodness, warm them again at 300 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
Variation: Fill each muffin cup with only 1/2 the amount of mixture, push into the middle a piece of cooked pork sausage or a 1/2″ cube of Brie cheese, then cover with the other 1/2 of the spoonful of mixture. Make sure to seal the edges of the mixtures, otherwise, the brie will bubble out. Bake as usual. Adjust for additional calories, carb counts will be about the same.
Nutrition in one muffin: 97 calories, 9 grams of fat, 3 grams of carb, 1 gram of fiber, 3 grams protein.