Hi everyone! Wanted to finally get this recipe out to you. I’m sorry it took so long! Anyway, I had a lot of fun testing this out and using some brand new products I’d never used before. I got sent a box by Influenster and Club House full of organic spice mixes including their taco and kung pao mix for free to test on my taste buds and the timing couldn’t be better. The taco mix is so flavourful but be warned, if you are doing keto to reduce inflammation, some of the ingredients can be inflammatory and a bit keto unfriendly (rice flour). You can always avoid using this mix if you’re concerned about ingredients and make your own using various spices. 🙂 One of the other products that really blew me away in this was the Spice of Life hot sauce that I received from my October Keto Kollection box. It added a nice level of heat that even the most spice sensitive people can enjoy. As with the taco seasoning, you can feel free to use a brand such as Frank’s Red Hot or Cholula for your hot sauce needs. Anyways, let’s get right down to the recipe!
Beefy Queso Dip
12 ounces of ground beef or 6 ounces beef and 6 ounces pork mix
½ cup heavy whipping cream
2 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces of old cheddar cheese in chunks
¼ cup chopped green chilies
¼ cup hot sauce of choice (I prefer Spice of Life Not So Hot Sauce)
½ cup diced tomatoes
⅖ of a package taco seasoning of choice (I used Club House Organics but you can make your own taco seasoning)
- Brown ground beef mixture in a pan. Once browned, add in taco seasonings to add flavour to your beef. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix heavy cream, cream cheese and old cheddar on medium heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Add in your chilies, tomatoes and hot sauce. Continue stirring on medium heat as sauce continues to thicken.
- Lastly, add in your beef that you had set aside earlier. Reduce heat and let sit covered for approximately 10 minutes. Stir every so often during this 10 minute period to avoid burning and settling.
- Add your beefy queso dip to pork rinds, cauliflower or have as a sauce over zucchini noodles.